Community

Community Restaurants

Deacon Baldy’s

Image Courtasy of DeaconBaldys.com

A few Saturday nights ago, I wanted to go eat at Deacon Baldy’s. It was 6pm and I had to drive around the parking lots for about 8 minutes before I finally gave up and left. There was not a single place to park and even the iffy places were taken. This is THE most popular place on weekends and that speaks for itself. It is a food truck park that has about four to five regular food trucks, visiting trucks on the weekends, lots of craft beer, and live music on the weekends. The best trucks for me are BBQ Godfather and Beefy’s. But Cousins Maine, Craft Burger, and The Greek Squad are also great. Beefy’s has amazing asian pulled pork and even offers tater tots with it on top. Genius! It has the perfect amount of heat to give it depth. I crave this for days on end. The BBQ at BBQ Godfather is amazing whether you are eating the perfectly rendered brisket or the awesome sides. The burgers at Craft are big, juicy, and worth the wait. Their fries are some of my favorites in the area too. All of these items pair perfectly with the large selection of craft beers — if you consider 40 taps a large selection! For folks from the northeast, the lobster rolls at Cousins are just like I had in Maine last summer. They fly the lobster in so it is authentic. This is a really fun place to catch up with friends, grab a cold one, and everyone gets to eat what they want. Just plan to go early so you can find a place to park!

Community Real Estate

26 Rillwood The Woodlands Texas

The Woodlands Texas. Beautiful updated home with spectacular pool, pergola with gas grill plus zoned for top rated schools. From the moment you drive up, you will fall in love! Greeted by a grand staircase with both formals on the side. Kitchen has recent appliances including 5-burner gas cooktop with stainless hood and granite counters. Wait until you see the master suite with updated sumptuous bath and awesome custom closet! Study is private and could be second bedroom down. Walk to Buckalew Elementary, neighborhood park with pool, courts and path to Bear Branch Reservoir. Video length is 9 minutes.

The Woodlands Village of Alden Bridge

This home is located in The Woodlands Village of Alden Bridge. This village is located in the northwest section of The Woodlands. Alden Bridge Park, largest in The Woodlands, features a pool, basketball/tennis courts, picnic areas, fishing, and skateboard track. Shopping areas include Windvale Village and Alden Bridge Centers.

Community Restaurants

Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar

Tommy Bahama

I love a good Happy Hour and Tommy Bahama at Market Street has a great one.  There are several good cocktails at happy hour prices as well as wines and beers.  And of course, they have several great appetizers to go with those awesome drinks.  Service is stellar, attentive but relaxed, and the decor makes you forgot your worries and pretend you are on a tropical island somewhere.  Whether you are at happy hour, lunch, or dinner, the macadamia encrusted goat cheese is THE appetizer to get.  It is totally addictive. It is one of the best appetizers anywhere in The Woodlands.  The duo of dips is fantastic too.  I love that spicy guacamole.  I don’t eat coconut, but the coconut shrimp is one of the most popular items at this restaurant. The edge that Tommy Bahama’s has over other chains is that their food is unique and different.  The menu is a bit different and most dishes have something special in them that makes them memorable.  It is one of the few restaurants in the area where I like many different things on the menu instead of having one or two favorites. For entrees, I love the fish and chips.  The fish is always moist and delicious and i love their tartar sauce.  The chips are made of yucca and are a perfect complement to the fish and the tangy slaw. The Parmesan crusted Sanibel chicken with the red pepper sauce is another outstanding dish that is a best seller.  They have some of the best, freshest and most interesting salads around.  The Filet Mignon salad is absolute amazing.  It is truly a gourmet salad that is a filling meal.  The grilled chicken and mango salad is bright, different, and satisfying.  So, head over to Tommy Bahama and pretend you are away from it all in a tropical paradise. You will love it!

Restaurant Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/restaurants/woodlands

Submitted by Restaurant Review Contributor, Terri Olson

Community Restaurants

The Broken Barrel

The Broken Barrel

On one of those perfect temperature, perfect humidity evenings, I headed to the best location on Lake Woodlands at Hughes Landing.  We only get about three of these evenings a year, so you have to take advantage.  I headed to Broken Barrel.  Their wrap around patio faces the largest part of the lake and is perfect for watching the sunset.  All of this amazing atmosphere is enhanced by a great menu of adult drinks and interesting tapas.  Lets talk about the drinks first.  They have an awesome wine menu that is well priced.  They have one of my favorite red wines  by the glass — The Prisoner.  They also have Orin Swift Machete by the bottle which is always excellent.  They have a full bar and craft beers.  But for me, the stars of the bar are the gin and tonics. They pair different gins with fresh botanicals and serve it on ice with good quality tonic on the side.  For example, Hendricks is served with rose petals and cucumber.  They are excellent and interesting.  The tapas menu is creative and has something for everyone.  There are daily Happy Hour specials until 6:30pm which are a good value and excellent.  I recommend the queso and the taquitos.  The menu has full sized dinner options as well as veggies, bites, and small plates.  My favorite, the grilled octopus is tender and smokey, and served with a carrot hummus.    The avocado toast with its crunchy pumpkin seeds and radishes is tasty and filling.  The cochinita pibil tostones are served on fried plantains and I could eat them all day.  Veggies are flavorful and fun.  The baby beets are tasty as are the roasted rainbow carrots, and goat cheese and arugula salad.  It would be easy to fill up on tapas and drinks and overlook dessert.  However the s’mores casserole is worth every single calorie.  It is amazing and even though I say I’m only going to eat a few bites, I always finish every single bite.  The owner of Broken Barrel can usually be found in the restaurant, and I think she will make this a local favorite.

Community Restaurants

Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille

Perry's Steakhouse & Grille

Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille is an institution in The Woodlands.  While it has been around a number of years, it never gets stale.  Perry’s re-invents itself with new dishes, new specials, and new drinks while keeping what makes it work. My first trip to Perry’s was in 2002 and I was wowed with the decor.  I was in love with those light fixtures; and that dark contemporary adult vibe still wows me today. Perry’s hits on all cylinders — food, decor, ambience, specials, service, and drinks.  They were the very first company I followed on twitter and it paid off with notification of a super Friday special (announced that day) of the pork chop for lunch!  That pork chop is historic.  it will feed two people for multiple meals.  Tender and flavorful, it has made Perry’s famous.  They have a full menu of steaks and seafood and my favorite menu items are the chopped salad, the crab cakes, and the ahi tuna. The ahi tuna is sushi grade and wonderful served rare with just the right amount of seasonings, wanton crackers, and rice.  The crab cakes are perfection amongst stiff competition.  We always over order on the sides because they are always perfect for dinner the next day.  Their steaks are excellent and cooked to order perfectly each time. I encourage everyone to get on their email list to learn about their specials.  They recently completed a special of four courses for $44 which was a huge meal for a bargain price!  In fact, it was the first time I’ve ever had dessert there and we were pleasantly surprised at how perfect the creme brûlée was. I’ll never skip dessert again.  I’m also a big fan of their social hour and bar.  The bar is beautiful and they have an awesome menu of special cocktails.  They do a martini flight that is the perfect way to sample some of their great drinks.

Website: http://www.perryssteakhouse.com/menu-locations/houston/the-woodlands/