Community

Community Real Estate

The Woodlands 22 Snow Pond In Cascade Canyon

The Woodlands. Beautiful home in the desirable neighborhood of Cascade Canyon! This home has so much flexibility in the floor plan. Formals are great for entertaining…family room is tucked away for privacy. Spacious kitchen with granite, stainless appliances, plenty of cabinets, and a desk/planning area. Breakfast, kitchen and family all offer great views of the pool and private backyard! Master suite also with views of the pool and gardens…bath has a “spa” feel. Game room has a wall of windows overlooking pool. Wait until you see the size of the bedrooms…they are huge! Step outside and enjoy the pool for play or exercise plus the spa for relaxation! Large private yard Just minutes to three shopping centers…Town Center is a short drive. Zoned for Galatas Elementary, Mitchell Intermediate and The Woodlands High School Research Campus. John Cooper is just minutes away.

Cascade Canyon is a neighborhood of 103 custom homes in The Woodlands Village of Indian Springs. Built between 2001 and 2008, the homes range in size from 4,000 to 7,000 square feet on lots ranging from 14,000 to 62,000 square feet.

Visit Michele Flory for more information on this home, neighborhood, community.

Community Restaurants

Willie’s Grill and Ice House

Image Source: https://williesgrillandicehouse.com/location-page/the-woodlands/

Willie’s is one of my favorite places for large groups where it is easy to do separate checks and everyone can get whatever they want from a variety of options.  It is a relaxing fun place. Willie’s is very family friendly and has a large patio space perfect for sunny days.  Their menu is huge and has everything anyone could want. I’m kind of addicted to their fried pickles.  They are always a crowd pleaser. There are a ton of huge salads on their menu and my favorites are the Asian Chopped Salad and the Mediterranean Salad.  The Asian salad has greens, chicken, cashews, oranges and huge wantons in a tangy ginger dressing.  The Mediterranean salad has greens, bell peppers, cranberries, pears, walnuts, and Gorgonzola cheese.  You can add chicken to that to make it very filling.  During craw-fish season, this is is always a great place for boiled craw-fish and a cold beer.  They have about a half dozen burgers on the menu including a black N Bleu burger, a turkey burger and an awesome hickory cheddar burger.  Willie’s also has a fair number of sandwiches and poboys.  I love the fried shrimp poboy and the fried craw-fish poboy.  The pulled pork sandwich is also a favorite, but only if I’m not getting a pulled pork topped baked potato.  When I’m in the mood for fried or grilled catfish, Willie’s again satisfies.  You want chicken fried steak, chicken fried chicken, ribs, or tacos?  Willie’s has those items too. It is a great place to kick back and drink a beer, margarita or their famous Frozen Jack and Coke.  Yes, they have frozen Jack and Coke and frozen adult lawn chair lemonade.  The kids can get a regular frozen lemonade to go with their grilled cheese, corn dog, or mac n cheese.  Like I said, they have something for everyone at Willie’s and everyone leaves happy.

Community Restaurants

The Hub

Image Source: http://thehubrestaurantandbar.com/

Creekside Forest is becoming the new hot spot for restaurants, stores, and new building activity.  One of the latest new restaurants is The Hub.  Every time I’ve been recently it has been full of young families and couples on date night.  They attract a crowd on weekends listening to live music in the dining room and enjoying their amazing specials.  You cannot beat the price on their specials anywhere else in The Woodlands. The menu is diverse and eclectic.  Anyone can find something to eat on this menu.  I love the selection of small plates.  The buffalo cauliflower is one of my all-time favorites.  It is amazing!  It is perfectly spiced and very healthy.  I also love the cheeseburger egg rolls.  They are hearty and filling and great for sharing.  The crab cakes offer an excellent traditional starter.  While they have many salads, flat beads, and sandwiches to choose from, I love their burgers.  Their classic is just perfect, and their other burgers are interesting and excellent too.  The Holy Shiitake Burger has shiitake with crispy onions, greens, and cheese.  The Turkey burger has cranberry compote and goat cheese. The Bistro burger has grilled apple, brie, smoked blue cheese, roasted tomatoes, and artisan greens. It is an amazing group of flavors.  The entrees are some of the best priced entrees in The Woodlands. They come with a small side salad.  The Chicken Sabine has boneless chicken breast, basil, capers, tomatoes, lemon-butter sauce, grilled asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes.  It’s a full meal deal.  The steaks are excellent and the house special ravioli will please any pasta lover. I highly recommend heading over for the nice singer on Friday and Saturday nights.  it makes a great atmosphere for a relaxing weekend dinner.

Community Restaurants

Amerigo’s Grille

Image Source: http://amerigos.com/

Amerigo’s Grille has been in The Woodlands over 30 years.  A young acquaintance recommended it recently and I was surprised that a young hip person would know about it.  I was more surprised on my first visit that it was full of young people!  It has fast become one of my new ‘old’ favorites.  I love the bar area.  The bartenders are great and give exceptional yet relaxed service. The Happy Hour menu has an amazing charcuterie board — one of the best in the area.  My favorite on the HH menu is a tasty toasted ravioli dish that is hearty and delicious.  I know bread is often overlooked at restaurants, but their olive oil with seasonings is the perfect accompaniment to their warm crusty bread. I can’t stop eating it.  Shrimp panko and ahi tuna round out an impressive meal-worthy list of hearty Happy Hour snacks.  The dinner menu has all the items an Italian or fine dining establishment should have.  Pasta, steaks, veal, seafood, and primo vegetables are well represented. I had lamb as a recent off-the-menu special and it was exquisite.  Cooked perfectly and encrusted with rosemary, it was earthy and fresh and as good as I’ve ever had.  I never met a noodle I didn’t like, so the capellini with crawfish with shrimp and roasted garlic is a favorite.  If I’m feeling more adventurous, I go for the spaghetti nero which has squid ink pasta with rock shrimp.  The salmon is always excellent as is the cioppino.  The veal dishes are tender and rich, evoking old world fine dining. The servings are filling and generous but I recommend saving room for dessert and a lemoncella.  The amaretto cheesecake is amazing!  It is decadent and I am afraid I’m addicted.

Restaurants

Bellagreen

(Image Source)

I wasn’t sure what to expect in terms of a restaurant that markets itself as green. For me, it’s all about the food. So let me talk about that first, and then I can talk about the green thing. Bella Green is a healthy fast casual restaurant that serves salads, pizza, pasta, burgers, sandwiches, tacos, soup, and desserts. Recently I enjoyed an outstanding chicken sandwich — grilled all-natural chicken breast, bacon, mixed greens, tomato, house-made pickles, onion, avocado, swiss cheese, mango ranch dressing, and served on a whole-wheat bun. That mango ranch dressing made the sandwich. And the pickles added an outstanding zing. They have an awesome selection of burgers, including veggie, beef, turkey and lamb. The sweet potato fries are fantastic and what I suggest as an accompaniment. They sell lots of salads all day long and they are excellent. The honey fried goat cheese with arugula is my favorite and the curry chicken is also different and exotic. The salads are my number one recommendation here. Servings are big so make sure you take one of their ecofriendly to go boxes. If you want pasta or comfort food, the quinoa mac n cheese is a guilt free bowl of gooey comfort. The spicy veggie pasta is also amazing and the spice warms you all over. They have a very eclectic mix of soft drinks and a good beer and wine selection. The clincher for dining at Bella Green is that it has the BEST patio in The Woodlands. It has a welcoming relaxing ambience that makes me think I’m in a different country. It is surrounded by trees and bushes so it is quiet and serene. Now to the green part. They aren’t talking about green food like lettuce. The web site says the following: “Our eco-conscious restaurants are low impact spaces that are good for the earth. We tread lightly. Accommodating different dietary needs is something we stand by, so each individual can enjoy finer dining at an affordable price. From using water-saving devices to alternate power sources, our green practices keep us in harmony with the environment.” They even have a place to park your electric car in front. So if you like being nice to the environment and want good food on a great patio, head over to Bellagreen.