The significant difference this year is the elimination of the homeowners association fees replaced with the township tax. While the association fees were debatable as being tax deductible, the township tax is definitely deductible. Township College Park Average Combined Tax Rate The Woodlands Township Tax includes:
Woodlands 2010 Taxes Per $100 Valuation
(Grogan's Forest E. of Grogan's Forest Drive)(2)
East Shore-Sec 1(4)
East Shore-Sec 2-3-8(4)
East Shore-Sec 5,6(4)
(Active Adult Community)
Windosr Lakes(7) (Active
2010 Average MUD Rate $.31
2009 Average MUD Rate $.33
(1) Residents of all areas except Creekside Park and May Valley are served by Conroe Independent School District .
(2) This portion of Grogan's Forest pays no MUD tax or Township tax, but pays Shenandoah city tax ($0.3282)
(3) Creekside Park pays Harris County and Tomball ISD taxes.
(4) East Shore pays a Township tax ($0.328) plus Lake Woodlands Property Owners Association fee ($0.02). Annual HOA dues varies from $1,312.50 to $2,187.50..
(5) May Valley pays Magnolia ISD tax.
(6) Town Center pays a Township tax ($0.328) plus Town Center Owners Association fee ($0.20).
(7) Windosr Lakes, part of the City of Conroe, pays no MUD tax or Township tax. Residents pay Conroe city tax ($0.42) plus monthly HOA fee of $178.00 to $231.00.
and are subject to change.
New homes have historically been assessed at less than the
County Tax Breakdown
Set Fall 2009 - Payable in 2010
Flood Control .7020
Port of Houston Authority
Department of Education
Total Rate Applicable to The Woodlands
The Woodlands Fire Department
The Woodlands Watch Program
Emergency Medical Service
Additional Sheriff's Department Deputies
Residential Design Review and Covenant Enforcement
Residential Trash Removal and Recycling
Environmental and Recycling Education
Community-wide facilities provided and maintained by The Woodlands Community Association and The Woodlands Association assessment funds are:
Greenbelts (1800+ acres)
Swimming Pools (12)
Pathways (160+ miles)
Athletic Fields and Courts
Use of Lake Woodlands
Recreational Vehicle Storage
Average Combined Tax Rate
The Woodlands Township Tax includes: